October 13, 2009
IHSA Sanctions Lacrosse - on Tuesday, October 13, the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) Board of Directors approved a recommendation to adopt an official State Series for the sports of Boys Lacrosse and Girls Lacrosse beginning with the 2010-11 school term. http://www.ihsa.org/announce/2009-10/2009-10-13.htm
September 29, 2009
September 25, 2009
Evanston Youth Lacrosse welcomes new ETHS Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach Adam Hughes, and new 1st assistant Ryan Covert. "DO WORK"
Evanston Youth Lacrosse Association becomes City of Evanston "Affiliated Organization" At September 24th meeting of the City of Evanston Playground and Recreation Board, the panel unanimously welcomed EYLA as the newest local youth sports org to become an "Affiliated Organization". EYLA is proud of this distinction and we hope to use it not only to further it's own mission, but to expand it's contribution to Evanston's Youth Sports landscape and culture. More on this later.
Evanston's Lacrosse and Baseball communities unite to present Youth Athlete Parents Workshop! Wolfpack Lacrosse is excited about the opportunity to partner with Evanston Baseball and Softball Association to sponsor Positive Coaching Alliance speakers in sharing their knowledge on how each of us can enhance our children�s youth sports experience. Our combined communites are invited to attend a 30-minute seminars, Wednesday, May 6th, 2009, ETHS Michael Cafeteria. There will be 3 convenient start times: 7:00PM, 7:45PM, 8:30PM. The flier for this event: PCA Parent Workshop Flier
Coming Spring 2009: The Wolfpack will have not just 1, but 2 HOME GAME FIELDS!!. We are excited to announce that the Wolfpack will hold practices and games at both Chute School and on the new awesome field turf of Lazier Field at ETHS. Being on the turf will allow our Sunday practices to begin as early as mid-March. As the weather warms and the clocks spring ahead, we will commence weeknight practices at Chute and Tallmadge Park.
- We have established a "mutual endorsement" alliance with local youth football organizations Jr. Wildkits, High Ridge Chargers, and St. Athanasius School. Wolfpack leaders have been invited to give presentations directly to Evanston's pre-High School football players informing them of the terrific complimentary cross-training that spring lacrosse provides. Next stop: FAAM, --- basketball is an excellent sport that teaches foot movement, positioning, and offensive principles that make lacrosse players better. Our "brotherhood" with hockey is already well established.
- In November, 2008, EYLA President Randall Mayne (yours truly) became the newest member of the Evanston Playground and Recreation Board. I hope to bring what I can to continue our town's improvement in recreational facilities and programs - please consider me a conduit of your insights and opinions on related matters.
- Please consider donating to the ETHS Lazier Field fundraiser (http://www.eths.k12.il.us/store/donstore.asp, left hand side), as proceeds go to pay for both that turf field and future improvements to our community High School's facilities. Clearly ETHS is following through on their pledge to make these facilities available to pre-High School youth sports organizations in Evanston - and there's more to come! Even if you don't plan on sending your kids to ETHS, we ALL benefit from these improvements.
- Also consider donating to the Evanston Youth Lacrosse Association www.evanstonlacrosse.org,
- Evanston Youth Lacrosse Association
2906 Central Street
PO Box 173
Evanston, IL 60201
- The EYLA will uses donated funds to help pay for Evanston kids to play lacrosse by providing equipment, program fee waivers, and more.
Receive News via your Email! It's easy!
We invite everyone to sign up for our newsletter to receive information about our youth programs, special events and activities.
To sign up for our newsletter please send an email to the address below and we will add you to our list.
Please include the following information:
Send email to � email@example.com